Friday, May 25, 2007

First Glimpse

Well, I've been working at a little less quick of a pace than I probably should be. The problem with redesigning your own website is that if you aren't getting things accomplished quick enough, the only person you're letting down is yourself. I decided to set some deadlines for myself with this site and I'm hoping to adhere to those deadlines fairly closely. I'm not going to announce the dates on here because, well... I'm not the best at keeping this thing updated, and although the site may be done, I may not update this blog for a few days or even weeks after the fact.


Anyway, here is a quick first glimpse into what the site will look like:
Screenshot of website
I will give more credit where credit is due later, but I'm borrowing and modifying a few snippets of code and some scripts from some free sources to really try to make this site more innovative than my previous work, and I'll document those more officially later.


Just a little random thought and kind of a side note; I accidentally started typing out the code for a link with my caps lock key on, and I remember in high school when I was taking my very first web design course, we were taught it was standard practice to capitalize pretty much every piece of code. I also remember my instructor introducing us to the concept of Cascading Style Sheets and nobody understood its use. Keep in mind, this was back in the dark ages of web design... everything was animated, pages were cluttered beyond belief, and having content meant that there were actually words on the page somewhere. *shudders*

No comments: